Monday, November 11, 2013

Things are falling into place!

Alright so I kind of suck at keeping up on here. In my defense, I don't have a laptop so I'm doing this all from my iPhone/iPad. And it's just plain annoying. Hopefully this Christmas I will be completing the trifecta and getting a MacBook. Fingerscrossed! 

Today it is officially my birthday week. Yes I am one of those people to drag out my birthday as long as possible. Sorry, not sorry. 

Those of you that don't actually know me, I just started working in a salon. It was a long road to get here, which will probably be another post. I've had my cosmetology license almost exactly a year. I started at this awesome place where I've actually gone to get my hair done since I was a little one. It's small, but it's seriously a perfect fit for me. There's five of us girls and they're all awesome! They've helped me so much already. Anyways, starting out in a salon is hard work. My income is solely based on how many guests I get a day and what services I perform. I get no hourly income. This has it's advantages, I pretty much get to make my own schedule, and it's disadvantages, no guests equals no monies. It has been a little rocky the last few months. But this Saturday there was a little glimmer of hope. I was busy! And when I say busy I mean running around, fitting people in where I could, and uncontrollable boob sweat. Yea gross I know, but hey it's the truth. It really renewed my love for doing hair and solidified to me that I made the right decision to take that leap of faith and do this. The universe really does reward you when you go out of your comfort zone and do something kind of scary. 

Since I'm feeling pretty awesome I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes. 'If your dreams don't scare you they're probably not big enough.'
'Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, take a breath, and jump.'
Happy Monday y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment